Hi guys, Im back. but as usual pressed for time cuz i want to get out there and start working again lol. Just wanted to share a few pics and some progress since its been so long, hopefully im not banned lol.
Anywho... some progress on my car:
1) "Cleaned" fuel system by dumping in a full bottle of "CRC Guaranteed to Pass" fuel system treatment by I was on empty with the gas light on, drove slightly aggresive and filled up with 94 Octane. Felt like I had NOS for a while than I gradually went back down to 89 then back down to 87. This was 3-4 months ago and my engine is running slighlty better and is getting better fuel mileage, (I think lol). -Still have yet to go for an etest but Ive got a while yet.
2) Complete New OE rear brakes (thought they just needed adjusting but they were shredded)
3) New Speakers: Blaupunkt 6.5" 3-way GT series and Blaupunt 6x9" 3-way GT series
4) New front door panels
5) More body work, sealing, and undercoating
Clearly that splash shield was a failure as it almost directed the water oto the speaker
I found that most of the water would seap down through this corner so I used some silicone to try to redirect the water so it doesnt drip on to the speaker area, seems to be working but havnt had any rain since, plus I rebuild the splash shields like this:
These are so much better than my old alpines (just the 6.5"s are louder than both my alpines and can even shake the mirrors, cant wait to get the 6x9s in for good:
Theres a quickie of the rear deck, which was all built from trial and error, didn't watch the youtube videos on how to build these until I was 3 quarters done lol
and finally, a quickie of my rims back on:
I currently need all new wheel bearings (might have one thats ok) and may need axle bearings, I need new front struts, ball joints, tie rods and some new control arms wouldnt hurt either, oh and better front brakes.
To try to keep my front strut from collapsing like my rear one did, I used some tremclad rust reformer to touck up just the metal parts (no moving parts) (also found the original ACdelco decal and tried to put it back by clearing over it: Probably not the best idea to paint this stuff but I plan on replacing it all asap anyway so here it is:
Or I could of left it like this:
Thats it for now