AE101 Owners Club
Please log in or register

AE101 Owners Club is a group of 7th gen Corolla enthusiasts from all over the world. If you're a fellow enthusiast, then join us today!

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» TOYOTA COROLLA AE101 Rear Lips
How to know if Main seal (Back Seal is leaking?!) EmptyFri Apr 03, 2020 12:18 am by eefui

» The "Green Panda" Hatchback
How to know if Main seal (Back Seal is leaking?!) EmptyTue Mar 31, 2020 4:58 pm by ORAIOO

» Cruise control for ae101?
How to know if Main seal (Back Seal is leaking?!) EmptyMon Mar 30, 2020 5:56 am by Awaisbm

» DIY: Designing a 3D printed key/footwell light
How to know if Main seal (Back Seal is leaking?!) EmptySun Mar 29, 2020 8:19 am by buildradstuff

» new AE101 owner and i am in love
How to know if Main seal (Back Seal is leaking?!) EmptySat Mar 28, 2020 11:29 am by gold94corolla

» Exhaust Upgrade
How to know if Main seal (Back Seal is leaking?!) EmptySat Mar 28, 2020 12:26 am by mishowns

» 4afe SC12 super charging?
How to know if Main seal (Back Seal is leaking?!) EmptyFri Mar 27, 2020 1:21 pm by GoldAE101

» Can anyone identify these seats?
How to know if Main seal (Back Seal is leaking?!) EmptyFri Mar 27, 2020 3:14 am by dannoxyz

» FOR SALE
How to know if Main seal (Back Seal is leaking?!) EmptyThu Mar 26, 2020 10:26 pm by mishowns

» Merry Christmas
How to know if Main seal (Back Seal is leaking?!) EmptyThu Mar 26, 2020 10:24 pm by mishowns

» What car from your year of birth?
How to know if Main seal (Back Seal is leaking?!) EmptyThu Mar 26, 2020 12:09 am by mishowns

How to know if Main seal (Back Seal is leaking?!) EmptyThu Mar 26, 2020 12:05 am by mishowns

» Favourite TV shows
How to know if Main seal (Back Seal is leaking?!) EmptyTue Mar 24, 2020 10:46 pm by mishowns

» Let us know who you are! (name, photo, etc)
How to know if Main seal (Back Seal is leaking?!) EmptySun Mar 15, 2020 7:38 pm by Black Drako

» Charlene the AE102
How to know if Main seal (Back Seal is leaking?!) EmptySun Mar 15, 2020 1:26 pm by Hiro

Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 213 on Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:32 am
Top posters
miib14 (7358)
How to know if Main seal (Back Seal is leaking?!) I_vote_lcapHow to know if Main seal (Back Seal is leaking?!) I_voting_barHow to know if Main seal (Back Seal is leaking?!) I_vote_rcap 
gold94corolla (5205)
How to know if Main seal (Back Seal is leaking?!) I_vote_lcapHow to know if Main seal (Back Seal is leaking?!) I_voting_barHow to know if Main seal (Back Seal is leaking?!) I_vote_rcap 
SHEHROZE ARAIN (1783)
MirrorEyes (1540)
magweal (1403)
Sgt_Lyna (1243)
Kiwi-Corolla (1218)
knite (1102)
Corolla Sound (1102)
Argew24 (1044)
Statistics
We have 3794 registered users
The newest registered user is xtian

Our users have posted a total of 42353 messages in 2958 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Please Donate to the Site
Like Us On Facebook!

How to know if Main seal (Back Seal is leaking?!)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
nemisis

How to know if Main seal (Back Seal is leaking?!) Empty
PostSubject: How to know if Main seal (Back Seal is leaking?!)   How to know if Main seal (Back Seal is leaking?!) EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 6:15 am

Hi guys, my cars has a damn hard oil leak to find, Sometimes I think its coming from around the oil Sump pan, then sometimes I think the engine Main seal behind the fly wheel is leaking, Please give me some professional advice on locating oil leaks from under the car? I usually degrease everything, make sure its all clean, then start the car and let it run a while, rev it a bit, then try to see where its leaking, but this car has a sense of humor, WHen its jacked up and leaning back for me to try to see where its coming from, it doesnt leak anywhere I can see, when i put the car down flat, drive it a bit and come back..then oil is all over, I cant tell where its coming from, help? :\ Neutral Shocked
]

Back to top Go down
miib14
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
miib14

How to know if Main seal (Back Seal is leaking?!) Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to know if Main seal (Back Seal is leaking?!)   How to know if Main seal (Back Seal is leaking?!) EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 8:18 am

jack the car up high, put some blocks/bricks under the wheels, then jack rear and do the same.
car is still level but alot higher and you can still see under it to see where it leaks from.

another option (not easy one), but if you are unsure, then take it apart and change the seals for peace of mind.

i did that when i had my last engine in the car, i was unsure where it was leaking from so i just changed it, leak stopped.. lol

★ 1993 Toyota Corolla Saloon  ★
トヨタ 花
♥️ AE-202 Owner ♥️

It's all about N/A Power.....
198 bhp and 148 lbft

Back to top Go down
http://www.ae101ownersclub.com

How to know if Main seal (Back Seal is leaking?!)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AE101 Owners Club :: AE101 Tech: DIYs, Q&A :: Engine & Fuelling-
Jump to: