AE101 Owners Club
Please log in or register

AE101 Owners Club is a group of 7th gen Corolla enthusiasts from all over the world. If you're a fellow enthusiast, then join us today!

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» TOYOTA COROLLA AE101 Rear Lips
Replacing centre console bulbs EmptyFri Apr 03, 2020 12:18 am by eefui

» The "Green Panda" Hatchback
Replacing centre console bulbs EmptyTue Mar 31, 2020 4:58 pm by ORAIOO

» Cruise control for ae101?
Replacing centre console bulbs EmptyMon Mar 30, 2020 5:56 am by Awaisbm

» DIY: Designing a 3D printed key/footwell light
Replacing centre console bulbs EmptySun Mar 29, 2020 8:19 am by buildradstuff

» new AE101 owner and i am in love
Replacing centre console bulbs EmptySat Mar 28, 2020 11:29 am by gold94corolla

» Exhaust Upgrade
Replacing centre console bulbs EmptySat Mar 28, 2020 12:26 am by mishowns

» 4afe SC12 super charging?
Replacing centre console bulbs EmptyFri Mar 27, 2020 1:21 pm by GoldAE101

» Can anyone identify these seats?
Replacing centre console bulbs EmptyFri Mar 27, 2020 3:14 am by dannoxyz

» FOR SALE
Replacing centre console bulbs EmptyThu Mar 26, 2020 10:26 pm by mishowns

» Merry Christmas
Replacing centre console bulbs EmptyThu Mar 26, 2020 10:24 pm by mishowns

» What car from your year of birth?
Replacing centre console bulbs EmptyThu Mar 26, 2020 12:09 am by mishowns

Replacing centre console bulbs EmptyThu Mar 26, 2020 12:05 am by mishowns

» Favourite TV shows
Replacing centre console bulbs EmptyTue Mar 24, 2020 10:46 pm by mishowns

» Let us know who you are! (name, photo, etc)
Replacing centre console bulbs EmptySun Mar 15, 2020 7:38 pm by Black Drako

» Charlene the AE102
Replacing centre console bulbs EmptySun Mar 15, 2020 1:26 pm by Hiro

Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 213 on Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:32 am
Top posters
miib14 (7358)
Replacing centre console bulbs I_vote_lcapReplacing centre console bulbs I_voting_barReplacing centre console bulbs I_vote_rcap 
gold94corolla (5205)
Replacing centre console bulbs I_vote_lcapReplacing centre console bulbs I_voting_barReplacing centre console bulbs I_vote_rcap 
SHEHROZE ARAIN (1783)
MirrorEyes (1540)
magweal (1403)
Sgt_Lyna (1243)
Kiwi-Corolla (1218)
knite (1102)
Corolla Sound (1102)
Argew24 (1044)
Statistics
We have 3794 registered users
The newest registered user is xtian

Our users have posted a total of 42353 messages in 2958 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Please Donate to the Site
Like Us On Facebook!

Replacing centre console bulbs

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hiro
Hiro

Replacing centre console bulbs Empty
PostSubject: Replacing centre console bulbs   Replacing centre console bulbs EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 7:33 pm

For the last few months I've noticed that my rear demister button was no longer being backlit when the headlights were on. Nothing really critical, but it started to bug me a little, and it got worse when I realised that my HVAC controls (the lever-type) were no longer being backlit either (aircon button was fine though, as was hazard switch). So last weekend I pulled the dash apart to have a look, as well as re-wire my clock which had gone blank quite some time ago (dodgy wiring job by moi). The hazard and demister bulbs I could get to easily enough, but I have no idea what type of globe they are or where to get them (I swapped the hazard bulb into the demister switch, and the colour didn't look right so I figure the little blue condom over the demister bulb is important). In addition, I couldn't work out how to get to the HVAC bulb behind the plastic diffuser - it looked like the diffuser _could_ pop out but I wasn't game enough to try in case it snapped in half.

Any lighting experts care to weigh in? Is it worthwhile going to LEDs for these bulbs for longevity/availability (bear in mind that they're on a dimmer circuit so resistance is important)? Can you pop the HVAC bulb out without removing and dismantling the entire console and unit?

ST162 - Charlie the non-ghey Celica. 3SGE>>4AGE - GOOOOONE
AE82 - Rosie the Bitsa from Hell!, 70.8kw atw. Has been converted into garage space and money at last
KE55 - Billie the Beast.  Sadly missed

Back to top Go down
CiaranConnor
CiaranConnor

Replacing centre console bulbs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Replacing centre console bulbs   Replacing centre console bulbs EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 12:36 am

Simple enough to do

Assuming you've got the front plastics/center console off, then you should see a clear whitesh plastic thing that helps spread out the light

What I done was pop it out, it's just clipped in if you examine it you'll see how.
I took it out and got a T5 SMD LED, make sure it's one with a flat head not the bulb shaped ones.
On eBay you can get 10 for €2, but try get good quality ones.

Then when putting it back together, I found leaving the clear plastic off helped let the light spread out more, provided it's the flat headed led.

As for the de-mister switch, best off going to Toyota for that bulb as it's not expensive and you only need a standard bulb for it.
Back to top Go down

Replacing centre console bulbs
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AE101 Owners Club :: AE101 Tech: DIYs, Q&A :: Interior-
Jump to: