AE101 Owners Club
Please log in or register

AE101 Owners Club is a group of 7th gen Corolla enthusiasts from all over the world. If you're a fellow enthusiast, then join us today!

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» TOYOTA COROLLA AE101 Rear Lips
help with my Si.......! EmptyFri Apr 03, 2020 12:18 am by eefui

» The "Green Panda" Hatchback
help with my Si.......! EmptyTue Mar 31, 2020 4:58 pm by ORAIOO

» Cruise control for ae101?
help with my Si.......! EmptyMon Mar 30, 2020 5:56 am by Awaisbm

» DIY: Designing a 3D printed key/footwell light
help with my Si.......! EmptySun Mar 29, 2020 8:19 am by buildradstuff

» new AE101 owner and i am in love
help with my Si.......! EmptySat Mar 28, 2020 11:29 am by gold94corolla

» Exhaust Upgrade
help with my Si.......! EmptySat Mar 28, 2020 12:26 am by mishowns

» 4afe SC12 super charging?
help with my Si.......! EmptyFri Mar 27, 2020 1:21 pm by GoldAE101

» Can anyone identify these seats?
help with my Si.......! EmptyFri Mar 27, 2020 3:14 am by dannoxyz

» FOR SALE
help with my Si.......! EmptyThu Mar 26, 2020 10:26 pm by mishowns

» Merry Christmas
help with my Si.......! EmptyThu Mar 26, 2020 10:24 pm by mishowns

» What car from your year of birth?
help with my Si.......! EmptyThu Mar 26, 2020 12:09 am by mishowns

help with my Si.......! EmptyThu Mar 26, 2020 12:05 am by mishowns

» Favourite TV shows
help with my Si.......! EmptyTue Mar 24, 2020 10:46 pm by mishowns

» Let us know who you are! (name, photo, etc)
help with my Si.......! EmptySun Mar 15, 2020 7:38 pm by Black Drako

» Charlene the AE102
help with my Si.......! EmptySun Mar 15, 2020 1:26 pm by Hiro

Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 213 on Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:32 am
Top posters
miib14 (7358)
help with my Si.......! I_vote_lcaphelp with my Si.......! I_voting_barhelp with my Si.......! I_vote_rcap 
gold94corolla (5205)
help with my Si.......! I_vote_lcaphelp with my Si.......! I_voting_barhelp with my Si.......! I_vote_rcap 
SHEHROZE ARAIN (1783)
MirrorEyes (1540)
magweal (1403)
Sgt_Lyna (1243)
Kiwi-Corolla (1218)
knite (1102)
Corolla Sound (1102)
Argew24 (1044)
Statistics
We have 3794 registered users
The newest registered user is xtian

Our users have posted a total of 42353 messages in 2958 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Please Donate to the Site
Like Us On Facebook!

help with my Si.......!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
giannis.si
giannis.si

help with my Si.......! Empty
PostSubject: help with my Si.......!   help with my Si.......! EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 7:38 am

please help..for a week now my si is having problem when im started the engine......it doesnt go to 1200 str like it should be but insted goes to 700,800 and slowly goes to 1200 and drops to 800,900 when its ok temp.....and i think it smels gas fronm my exhaust....lamda sensor?? gas filter(i have it a long time ago not change it....Sad ) any idea what is wrong with my si??
Back to top Go down
kennydang91
Supreme Member!
Supreme Member!
kennydang91

PostSubject: Re: help with my Si.......!   help with my Si.......! EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 1:17 pm

Does str mean rpm?

Smell of gas normally means you're running rich.
If your o2 sensor (lamda sensor) are older than 100,000 miles then it would be a good idea to do replace it.

Even if that isn't the problem, it's still good preventive maintenance... like changing the oil.

I would also check for vacuum leaks.

A dirty or bad MAF (mass air flow) sensor could also contribute to rises and drops in RPMs.

Idle Air Control Valve could also be bad.

Don't wait around too long to fix this problem. Take it to a shop if you have to. A car that is running too rich will prematurely wear out a cat converter.

facebook
Back to top Go down
WhiteAE101
WhiteAE101

PostSubject: Re: help with my Si.......!   help with my Si.......! EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 2:33 pm

I had this problem with my car a few months ago it was my ecu some of the points were burnt out drive it how it is and if it begins to get hard to start its the same thing i had whats happening is the ecu is guageing there is to much air flow so the ecu compansates by adding more fuel so whats happening is the your engine sits low when you start it then goes back on its self and goes to normal cold idol revs the when it heats up it goes to normal this was happening to mine for about 2 months before things started going very wrong so i would take it to your local mechanic and get him to run a diognostics test on it and if thats not the problem it is preobibly a dirty lens or a faulty air flow meter hope this help

-Myles
Back to top Go down
giannis.si
giannis.si

PostSubject: Re: help with my Si.......!   help with my Si.......! EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 10:31 pm

thanks a lot fore your answers!!! i have cleaned the auto chock with spray carb and still does that...my si has 220.000 klm and o2 sensor never changed..no vacum leaks,good contition sprarks plugs etc....i beleve it is either o2 sensor or gas filter ...maybe both..!!tomorow i take it to my mechanical to check it on diagnosis!!thanks again for your time and answers!!Smile
Back to top Go down
kennydang91
Supreme Member!
Supreme Member!
kennydang91

PostSubject: Re: help with my Si.......!   help with my Si.......! EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 6:54 pm

You are welcome! Smile

Let us know what your mechanic said.

facebook
Back to top Go down
giannis.si
giannis.si

PostSubject: Re: help with my Si.......!   help with my Si.......! EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 2:36 am

i didnt go so far im too busy with my job and i dont have time but by phone my machanic told me that probably is the cold valve sth like that...so i will take it tuesday to fix it and see what my si had.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: help with my Si.......!   help with my Si.......! Empty

Back to top Go down

help with my Si.......!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AE101 Owners Club :: AE101 Tech: DIYs, Q&A :: Engine & Fuelling-
Jump to: